For over a decade now, Alma’s Creative Arts has helped sewing and quilting enthusiasts and novices of all ages find their perfect products and services. Here is a closer look at what your fabric shop in Conway, SC has to offer.
We are proud to offer a wide variety of quality sewing classes in Conway, SC, including the following:
- Beginner Sewing: This basic sewing class in Conway, SC gives you the chance to learn the basics and create your own pillow or tote bag! Everything is included for $65.
- Beginner Smocking: This class includes different geometric stitches. The kit includes a pleated piece to practice on, embroidery floss, needles and an instruction booklet, all for $25.
- Picture Smocking: Also known as “stacked smocking,” this class teaches participants how to pleat a piece. Prices vary based on the project.
- Youth Sewing: Children and teenagers can learn for free with purchase of materials from our shop!
- Quilting: In our $10/hour, one-on-one quilting classes, we teach you to read quilt patterns, cut pieces and piece the top of the quilt, whether it’s very simple or very complex. We’ll also teach you to put together the quilt front, as well as batting and backing and simple quilting.
- Machine Applique: We teach you how to use applique in your regular sewing for garments, quilts, linens or anything you want to add a design to. This class also costs $10/hour.
- Garment Construction: From taking measurements to working with patterns, this $10/hour class introduces you to the basics of making garments. You’ll learn to read a pattern, select fabric, place the pattern, cut the pieces and put the garment together.
- Machine Heirloom Sewing: Do you have a sewing machine, but no idea how to use it? For $10/hour, we’ll teach you to use your sewing machine’s features for embroidery, buttonholes and more.
- Serger: We teach you how to thread and use your Serger machine to make pillowcases, place mats, camp shirts, rolled hems and more. This class also costs $10/hour.
- Machine Embroidery: In this $10/hour class, you’ll learn everything about machine embroidery, from choosing designs to placing designs, hooping, changing colors, trimming and more.
- Other Sewing: If you’re interested in sewing pillows, totes, pillowcases, table covers, simple curtains and more, our sewing lessons are great for learning all kinds of specific sewing skills.
In addition to being your premier source for a wide variety of sewing and quilting classes, Alma’s Creative Arts is also your trusted fabric shop in Conway, SC. We’re your source for a variety of fabrics, including:
- Quilting cottons
- Rayon batiks
- Baby pink and blue fleece
- Children’s clothing
For quilters, we also carry a large selection of quilting notions. If you’re looking for quilting supplies in Conway, SC, here’s what you’ll find at Alma’s Creative Arts:
- Quilt books
- Hooks and eyes
- Rotary cutters
- Cutting boards
Alma’s Creative Arts also carries machine embroidery supplies and sewing supplies in Conway, SC, including design packs, stabilizers, embroidery thread and more.
Additionally, we’re pleased to make custom handmade quilts in Conway, SC using t-shirts, baby clothes, photo-memories, neckties and more. Prices vary based on the project. Whether you’re interested in memory quilts in Conway, SC for a loved one or baby quilts in Conway, SC for a new child or grandchild, we’d love to help you make a cherished quilt for your loved one.
If you are interested in any of the above classes, products or services, please visit Alma’s Creative Arts soon. You can also give us a call at 843-248-2143, or just visit our Contact Us page.